Wedding Party Guide
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wedding Attendants and other Wedding topics.
What instructions should you give to your wedding party? (Client Tip)
The wedding party includes the bride, the groom, the attendants and the parents of the bride and groom. For bridesmaids and groomsmen alike, there is some helpful instructions you can provide them with during the wedding planning. If you hire a wedding planner, they may provide you with a tip sheet or sheets for your wedding attendants. If you plan your own wedding, the following tips should come in handy for both you and your wedding party:
- Be sure to attend all fittings for the dresses and suits to avoid any surprises on the big day.
- If jewelry and accessories are coordinated, do not add or subtract anything without consulting the bride and groom.
- Pregnancies happen, be sure to let the bride know as soon as possible, especially if it means alterations to the dress or plans.
- Destination weddings automatically require additional costs for travel and lodging, be sure to discuss this.
- Bridesmaids and Groomsmen are expected to cover their own expenses; if this is an issue, please discuss it BEFORE finalizing plans.
- If readings, singing or other additions are planned for the ceremony, be sure to clear the selection with bride and groom to avoid any unpleasant surprises
- Guests of the bridesmaids and groomsmen are usually okay, but it's always good to clear questionable additions with the bride and groom.
- Punctuality and attention to detail are the key words to success as a wedding attendant.
- If you have questions or concerns, don't wait until the last minute to discuss them.
- Unforeseen events and emergencies happen – accept that and work with the bridal couple in the event of unforeseen events.