Questions for your Baker
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wedding Cake and other Wedding topics.
What questions should I ask the baker?
If you hire a wedding planner to take care of the details, don't skimp on asking them about wedding cake details. Before you begin ordering wedding cakes, take the time to do the research and get the answers to your questions. These questions can also help you decide on a baker.
- Ask for a Tasting – you want to try both the various types of cake and frosting. You are looking for flavor combinations and more. Some bakers will provide you with small sample cakes of your chosen cake flavors
- Ask about Customizing – Does the baker make custom designed cakes from either a photo or you own hand drawn pictures? This is only important if you want a customized cake design.
- Ask to see their Portfolio – Most professional bakers will have a portfolio featuring every cake they have ever designed or made, ask to see them to get a feel for the types of cakes they've made
- Ask about their Cake Preparation times – Many bakers will bake and decorate your cake days ahead of your wedding, but you don't want it done more than 10 days and no less than 2 days before
- Ask about delivery and set up – Does the baker deliver and set up the cake for you on the big day. If they don't, you need to discuss the pick up and set up with the catering service