Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wedding Cake and other Wedding topics.
When deciding on a cake keep the following in mind:
* How many guests?
* What's your budget for a cake?
* How many tiers or what design?
* What colors and decorations should be included?
* What will you be using as a cake topper?
* Will the cake be the main dessert or part of a sweets table?
Bring the answers to these questions when you interview pastry chefs. Take along sketches, ideas, and pictures from magazines. Also take color samples to leave with the pastry chef.
Keep in mind: Your cake should be ordered 6-8 weeks in advance. Your pastry chef should take care of all details, including getting the cake to the reception hall and setting it up.