The Meaning of Handfasting Ribbon Colors
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Handfasting and other Wedding topics.
During a handfasting ceremony, ribbons or cords are draped around the hands of the couple at the altar. Here is what each ribbon color means.
- Blue represents a sense of sincerity between the couple, as well as peace, honest and open communication, the ability to express oneself, loyalty to the relationship, and patience between the couple.
- Green represents financial health between the couple as well as physical health, signs of affection, compassionate feelings between the couple, and a sense of caring.
- Orange represents the attraction between the couple, a sense of kindness, support and encouragement, keeping your heart open, fostering understanding, and being sensitive to each other's needs.
- Gold represents intelligence, a sense of unity, plenty of energy, and religious blessings for the couple.
- Red represents passion between the couple, healthy fertility, a sense of strength, bravery, and a long life for the marriage.
- Yellow represents equality between the couple, confidence for each partner, a sense of balance, joy and charm, a sense of spontaneity, and plenty of enthusiasm for the marriage.
- Purple represents harmony and tranquility in the marriage, power between the couple, a sense of sentimentality, and intelligence and wisdom.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.