Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wedding Gifts and other Wedding topics.
When the bride and groom open the present you bought them, the last thing you want to hear is, “Oh…thanks! Another toaster.” Sure they may have a bridal registry somewhere, which is a huge help, but that's not always the case. Giving them money is the easy way out. No thought required. Unless they start dropping hints, or give you a map and directions to their favorite store, you're going to have to come up with your own ideas for great wedding gifts. The trick is to come up with something the couple will be able to enjoy together. Technically, a newly married couple can enjoy making toast together with their new wide-slot toaster, but the best wedding gifts are the ones that take them out of their own kitchen. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1) Gift certificates to their favorite restaurant.
2) A picnic basket filled with their favorite snacks and drinks.
3) A massage oil set of different scents and flavors.
4) Get them maid service for a year so they can spend their time doing more newly-wed things and less dusting.
5) Are the newly-weds building a new house or moving into a new apartment? Give them something practical like a gift certificate to a hardware store.
6) Personalized sheet sets, pillows, towels, etc.
Great wedding gifts are the ones where the bride and groom look at each other and say, “Yeah, we can really use that!”