Do-It-Yourself Wedding Cakes
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wedding Cake and other Wedding topics.
Can I make my own wedding cake?
If you or someone you know is considering making your wedding cake, there are a few things you need to know about making wedding cakes. Here is a guide to help you plan making your own wedding cake:
- Use a recipe specifically for wedding cake in order to make the cake sturdy enough
- Be sure you have the tools you need including the decorating bag for frosting and cake stands
- Have an image in mind of what you are trying to create
- Pick up parchment paper to line the cake pans
- Pick up different sized cake pans to handle the cake tiers
- Fresh flowers for decorating and frosting
You will need plenty of space in your kitchen to set up the wedding cake as you put it together; you also need a tall and wide space in your fridge to store it. If you've never ever made a large elaborate cake before, spend some time experimenting and practicing before hand. Your friends and family will enjoy eating the wedding cake experiments.