Planning a Wedding Should Be Fun
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Planning a Wedding and other Wedding topics.
What's involved in planning a wedding?
Congratulations, you're planning a wedding. You may hire some to help out with partial planning of a wedding, complete planning and co-ordination of the wedding or coordination on the day of the service only. Wedding planning revolves around one singular event: the ceremony. There is a great deal of pre-planning and post-planning related to arranging the vendors, the dresses, the tuxes, the site and the reception. Yet all of these components are directly related to the central focus that is the actual ceremony.
Weddings are a symphony of organized chaos with the wedding planner in the role of conductor. There is a great deal to planning a wedding and the following is just a sampling of what you need to plan a wedding whether you are the wedding planner, the bride, and the mother of the bride or some combination thereof:
- Ongoing Communication with the Bride and Groom
- Budget Planning
- Schedules, Timelines and Checklists
- Selection and booking of venues for wedding and reception
- Selecting and booking of the minister or justice of the peace
- Planning theme and style of the wedding
- Coordinating design, ordering and mailing of invitations
- Coordinating selection of wedding attire and accessories
- Coordinating or Providing vendors (florist, caterer, photographer, musician, beautician, hair stylists)
- Negotiating and reviewing all contracts
- Assistance with marriage license
- Itinerary planning
- Ceremony planning
- Rehearsal oversight
- Direction of processional and attendant duties
- Planning the reception
- Wedding Day gift coordination
- On-hand coordination on the day of the wedding
One thing that people seem to forget in all the chaos and pressure and stress of planning a wedding. Planning a wedding is a lot of fun. It can be fun for the bride and it can be fun for the wedding planner. Take your time and have fun with the process of planning a wedding.